What is GentleBirthing?
GentleBirthing is a unique programme that prepares people for the birth of their child and becoming parents, whether for the first or fourth time. My main aims when delivering workshops are the following;
- To prepare each couple for a fear free birth, feeling confident and building emotional resilience. Giving people the tools to change the way they think about birth through ; Brain training, comfort strategies for birth and negotiating for their best birth
- Preparing people to birth calmly, confidently and in control though introducing the programme, the labour toolkits and adopting physical comfort measures and learning to control the controllables.
- Giving ownership of the experience back to the couples. This is as much about attitude as it is technique
- I will ensure that each person by the end of the 2 days will have a very good understanding of the process of pain and will have many tools to practice long before labour begins to train their brain! They will be using a mixture of brain training such as mindfulness, hypnosis, affirmations alongside CBT, physical comfort measures, negotiations and will be focused on the positive birth movement and their cd training long beofre labour begins. Gentlebirth is a programme the more you put in the more they will get out of it.
Click here to read about the workshops in more detail.
Ten Reasons to choose GentleBirth classes:
1. Proven: GentleBirth is a proven, safe, effective program to reduce anxiety during pregnancy and pain during labour within a hospital (or home) setting. It is recommended by midwives and consultants. 98% of mums will use GentleBirth in their next pregnancy, 85% had no epidural.
2. Expertise: GentleBirth was founded by Tracy Donegan, Midwife, author of The Irish Better Birth Book and positive birth expert. Tracy is the Irish Daily Mail maternity expert, Eumom pregnancy and birth expert and is a regular contributor to Easy Parenting and the Irish Independent. Tracy has been training birth Doulas (professional birth partners) in Ireland and abroad since 2006. Over 2000 couples have attended a GentleBirth workshop with Tracy. Tracy has guest lectured in the Coombe Hospital, DkIT and CUMH in Cork on promoting normality in birth using brain training and personally trains and asseses all GentleBirth Instructors. Tracy also provides advice and information on the GentleBirth private Facebook group.
3. Medical Professionals: GPs, midwives, nurses and other medical professionals attend and recommend GentleBirth workshops for evidence based medical information and best international practice.
4. Science: The GentleBirth program is backed by science. GentleBirth takes a unique approach to positive birth preparation by using tried and tested techniques and exercises to challenge and change the way you think about birth, breastfeeding and beyond.
5. Comprehensive Materials: Everything you need for pregnancy, birth and beyond is included in our 8 practice CDs and Guidebook (our App will be available Summer 2015).
6. Choice: You choose the format that suits you - a hands on workshop with your partner or homestudy course with ongoing support.
7. Meetups: Come along to one of our regularly scheduled coffee mornings to meet our instructors and other GentleBirth Mums and babies.
8. Epidurals: Our goal is a positive birth – with or without medication. Most GentleBirth Mums cope well without pain relief but if you choose to have an epidural you and your partner will understand how to optimise the use of your epidural to reduce side effects for you and your baby.
9. Evidence Based Information: All of the information provided by our Instructors is based on international best practice so you and your partner can make informed decisions about your care.
10. Community: Join our private Facebook page to connect with other GentleBirth parents and our resident positive birth experts.